The federal government has said it will commence the enrollment of the third batch of the beneficiaries for the N-Power scheme on June 26.
Following consultations and review of submission for the reform of the program, a statement from the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development on Saturday said the enrollment of the beneficiaries of the ‘Batch C’ will enable more Nigerian youths to access the N-Power program.
The program is designed to encourage entrepreneurship, in line with the government’s mandate of lifting citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment, and direct support.
The N-Power scheme was inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP).
The program has enrolled 500,000 beneficiaries so far with 200,000 from ‘Batch A’ which started in September 2016 and 300,000 from ‘Batch B’, which kicked off in August 2018.